No Stress, Cheer Up!
A young lady confidently walked around the room, while leading and explaining stress management to an audience; with a raised glass of water. And everyone was waiting for her to ask the ultimate question: “Half empty? Or half full?” … she fooled them all …
“How heavy is this glass of water?” she inquired with a smile. Answers called out ranged from 8 to 20 ounces.
She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it’s the same weight. But the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”
She continued, “And that’s the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on.”
“As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on with the burden – holding stress longer and better each time practiced. So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night and pick them up in the morning. Whatever burdens you’re carrying now, let them down for a moment. Relax, pick them up later after you’ve rested. Life is short. Enjoy it and the now “supposed stress that you’ve conquered.”
1. Accept the fact that some days, you’re the pigeon, and some days, you’re the statue.
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Drive carefully … It’s not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
4. If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
5. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
6. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won’t have a leg to stand on.
7. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
8. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer your live.
9. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
10. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
11. Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.
It was I, your friend!
One more thing … save the Earth … it’s the only planet with chocolate!